blog category created 19 February 2022 written by Taka George
I have released 3 critically-acclaimed albums since signing to Warp in 2009: Nerve Up (2010), Hinterland (2015), Former Things (25th June 2021) I have always written all my own music and I play all the instruments myself (except drums on albums 1 & 2) including guitar, cello, bass, synths, drum machines, beat programming & for my latest album Former Things I taught myself analogue sequencing. I record, edit and produce all my own work in my own basic home studio in my bedroom. It is quite rare that a person does so much of the work themselves like this, even rarer that person be a working-class woman. I’ve put thousands of hours of uncompromising blood sweat & tears into my vision/art.
– Both singles ‘(There Is) No Logic’ & ‘Fear Colours’ A-Playlisted on BBC6 Music.
– Critical acclaim from Uncut, Pitchfork, Loud & Quiet & many more.
– Album of the Day BBC 6 Music
– Performing on BBC Later With Jools Holland.
– Awarded No 1. Album Of The Year from Electronic Sound Magazine.